Friday, November 6, 2015

Currently.

Sorry for the radio silence this week! It's been another doozy. My brain is beyond fried so no favorites BUT I'll be back next week with some last minute marathon updates (T-minus 8 days!). I'll also be recapping my SIXTH half marathon (how did that happen?). Spoiler alert--no PR but it went VERY well. :)
Linking up today with Heather, Jill, and the Virginia Bloggers.
Current book: My NASM personal training textbook, Kinesiology book, and Anatomy book. All text books for my Masters Program. Which I still love by the way, in case you were wondering. Isn't it awesome when you get to study something you LOVE? 
Current song: "My House" by Flo Rida. Weird? Maybe. I listened to it like, 20 times on the way to my half last weekend.  I've also been listening to "Lose Yourself" a LOT this week in prep for next weekend. There's just something about that song.

Current drink: Mango Strawberry Spark. 
Current guilty pleasure: Dexter. Peter & I are almost done with season 4! Unfortunately he goes back on night shift next week so I'm not sure when we'll finish but we've been watching it non-stop for the last 2 months. At first I wasn't a huge fan but now, I totally get it. 
Current food: Sweet Potatoes. I have no idea why it took me so long to jump on the sweet potato train but I've been obsessed lately. So good! And they've been very helpful during my marathon training. 
Current craving: Chocolate. Always. 
Current need: The new Saucony Run Your Life Triumph 2.0. This shoe is SICK. It may have to be a gift to myself for completing (hopefully) my first marathon. 

Current quote: "Run the mile you are in." I keep repeating this over and over again. Besides it's obvious life connotations, it's something I keep trying to tell myself to keep in mind next Saturday. Sometimes in running, I get overwhelmed and discouraged when I start thinking about how many miles I have left in a race. My goal on Saturday is to simply take every mile in stride and enjoy the journey. I've worked my butt off for this and there's absolutely no pressure. No matter what, I'm PR-ing baby. 
Current workout: The new Insanity format. It's so killer and a great update to one of my favorite workouts. I love doing it AND teaching it. I'll always have a soft place in my heart for Shaun T and this program. :)
Current excitement: Umm, marathon. Duh! I get to do what I love, accomplish a MAJOR bucket list item, and spend time with my family & friends. 
Current procrastination: Figuring out what I'm wearing next Saturday. This has been majorly stressing me out! 
Current confession: I only did one 20-miler the entire training cycle. I did a few 18's but only one true 20 mile run. That being said, my weekly mileage has been anywhere from 45-60 a week so I'm hoping it balances out. 
Current blessing: Getting to do what I love. I realize it more and more everyday!
Current mood: NERVOUS. I keep dreaming about my marathon and all of the things that could potentially go wrong. ha. Kind of like how I did with my wedding too. Go figure. ;)
Current link: Ummm.... my instagram?! Shameless plug, I know. 
Have a great weekend!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Love love Dexter! And sweet potatoes too. Dare I say it? I love pumpkin but I love sweet potatoes even more.

    Imagine all the things with your marathon that can go right!

    Have an awesome weekend Sarah.

    ReplyDelete