Anyway, I've already done my 2015 running highlights so I figured I'd pop in for TOTR with a fun survey I've seen floating around lately.
Linking up for Tuesday's on the Run!
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail?
As long as the beach path isn't directly ON the beach, that's my pick. ha. I love running AT the beach, just not on it. This sounds totally stupid and I feel like I SHOULD love it but.. I get bored. ha. My favorite place in the world to run is on Hilton Head island though! We go there every year for the Fourth of July and I've found this SWEET running path that takes me directly to the beach. So, I run 3 miles there, take a breather while watching the waves, and then head back. It's PERFECT.
2. If you could choose the flavor of gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
Lemon Lime all day, every day.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it?
Shoes, duh! I've only mentioned it about 10 million times but I'm dying for the new Saucony Triumphs! BEST SHOE EVER!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run?
Wake up and run. I'm not a fan of training plans. I know some people need them for structure (which is awesome) but for me, I felt "trapped". Toward the end of my marathon training, it took some of the joy out of it. I love just letting my body dictate my run and going with the flow.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill?
Start on the uphill. My motto is to get the hardest part of anything done first.
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do?
Any and every kind. ha. Insanity / HIIT workouts are my favorite though! In 2016, I plan on incorporating a lot more weight training to my schedule as well.
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs?
Depends on the day and my mood.
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—>
A good pair of running shoes, no doubt. The "add-ons" are great but if you have a good pair of running shoes, you can conquer the world. ;)
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs?
Just a few dogs here and there.
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run?
Hmmm....... I don't think so?
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be?
If calories don't count.... I'm going with a brownie sundae with lots of whip cream. Sweets are the way to my heart!
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often?
SHORTS! I hate running in tights or capris. I'll rock tights/capris if it's under 40 and raining/snowing but other than that, I wear shorts about 99.9% of the time.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go?
Usually about a mile in I start getting in the groove.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
I'll hold on to it or if I'm carrying my water bottle, tuck it in the zipper part.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be?
I've said it before and I'll say it again... the Kentucky Derby Half. The race of my LIFE.
16. What type of run is your least favorite type of run?
To be honest, I don't think I have a least favorite. I enjoy different aspects of them all.
17. What has been your biggest motivation lately to get out the door to get your run on?
To be honest, I just love to MOVE and I love the feeling you get after a long, hard run. There's nothing better. Not only that, I'm trying to fit in as many miles I can before the end of 2015!
18. When you go for a run, do you leave right from your front door or do you drive somewhere to start?
To be completely honest, most of my runs lately have been on the treadmill in the morning before work. It's just easier. ha.
19. When running in daylight—> are sunglasses a must or an annoyance?
20. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
I just legitimately love running. There are days when it's the absolute last thing I want to do but I've never, EVER regretted a run. Why quit something that brings so much joy? There will be a day when I can no longer lace up my shoes and hit the pavement but that day isn't today, and hopefully not anytime soon, so until then, I'm going to run my heart out.
Have a great day! And go for a run!