Ahhh. One of these days I will get back on a normal posting/commenting schedule but let's be honest--working in college, no matter what department, in August is TOUGH. So much to do!
Our kids are officially back in school so the gym has been POPPING!
Anyway, it's Thursday, I have a few minutes on my hand, and it's time to Think Out Loud for a bit!
1. I'm heading to Charlottesville tomorrow for the Spartan Super at Wintergreen! Can we just talk about how much I love Spartan races? I mean, come on. Why else would I wake up at 3am to volunteer from 5:30am-1:30pm only to turn around and race 8-10 miles at 2pm?! Talk about a long day.... but so worth it.
2, Speaking of crazy, marathon training has gone well so far. Minus the fact that I totally miscounted how many weeks I have left. Go figure. I had a 14 miler on Saturday that went surprisingly well and was actually my new PDR. I felt confident afterward so I'll take it! This weekend is supposed to be a 10 mile race pace run but I'm going to substitute Spartan in for that. My long run next week is a 16-miler so my plan is to run a half marathon that morning and tack on 3 additional miles afterward.
3. I already need another pair of running shoes. Blah.
4. My power hour class is seriously kicking butt and taking names at the moment. I'm having so much fun teaching it! I never thought I'd enjoy group exercise as much as I do! But I love the relationship I've built with the ladies I teach and it's so AWESOME to see how much they've improved since the beginning of summer! I started teaching this class just a short summer thing and now it's one of the best parts of my week!
5. Speaking of group exercise, it's funny to think that a couple of years ago if you had asked me to get in front of a group of ladies and lead class, I would have seriously died. Like, straight up would not have done it. ha. It's such a confidence booster!
6. Nine years ago yesterday, I moved into my freshman dorm. NINE! What the heck?! Funny thing was, I never really left. ha. Minus a 6 month stint at a bank (BLAHHHHHH!), I've been at UVa-Wise since 2006!
7. On that note, does anyone else love Timehop as much as I do? It's probably one of my top 5 favorite apps.
8. This made me laugh. A lot.
9. I passed my first semester of grad school with flying colors! Woo!
10. And finally... my MAC IS BACK!! It's still SUPER slow but at least now it's not randomly shutting down and not turning back on. :) That's a positive, right? I have a feeling I will be in the market for a new computer within the next year or so. But until then, I'll make it work. Considering it's about 6 years old, I can't complain too much. It's had a pretty good run.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thursday! :) I promise I'll be better at commenting again soon too! :)