Hey! Look! I'm alive! And it's Friday!
I must admit, Labor Day weekend threw me completely off of my schedule for just about EVERYTHING. I'll be catching up next week, promise!
Until then, here's another round of Friday Favorites!
Linking up with Heather, Jill, and the Virginia Bloggers!
1. I'm setting another PDR tomorrow... well, God willing. ha. I have an 18-miler that I'm a TAD bit nervous about. Okay, really nervous. I'm running a 10k, followed by 9 miles on my own, and then a 5k later on. Pretty unconventional I guess but whatever gets you through it, right? My focus right now is getting better at the mental aspect of marathon training. I know my body can handle it but I've got to get my mind across the finish line as well. Any tips?
2. Peter and I are going on a date tonight! Woop woop! AND he's almost done with his rotation on night shift! Seriously--does anyone else have a significant other who works the complete opposite schedule of you?! Luckily Peter only does 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off so it's not TOO bad but man... I hate those 6 weeks of night shift. They are the WORST.
3. Season 2 of the Blacklist is officially on Netflix and I'm so super stoked about it!!! After my 18 miler tomorrow, you better believe Sunday I will be posted up on the couch watching.
4. I guess I haven't talked about last weekend but basically, my Labor Day weekend was fantastic. I'ts probably my favorite weekend of the entire year. And can we talk about how amazing the weather was?! Lots of good lake/pool time. And good food. LOTS of it. Hence the reason I'm back to my clean eating bandwagon...... although I may or may not partake in a piece of cake in a few minutes.... I'm going to count it toward carb loading for my run tomorrow. ;) And yet again, speaking of running, I got a great run in while at the lake. It was hot, hot, HOT but I'm glad I got out there and did it.
5. 9/11. It's pretty much impossible to not include this one. I questioned whether or not I should put this in my favorites because it's obviously not something that I "love". But I wanted to pay tribute to this date in the only way I know how--writing. I was 14 years old and in my high school Spanish class. There was an announcement over the school PA system and I can still remember it like it was yesterday--it's like time stood still. I didn't realize the scope of what was going on at the time but I remember being scared out of my mind. At 14, all I wanted was my parents. I remember coming home from school and watching the news with my mom and dad and how scary it was. I heard helicopters over head at one point and running to my room to hide. I think what I remember most though was something that happened 2 days later. We had a basketball game and standing on the court before the game, listening to the National Anthem, it was like I FINALLY understood it for the first time. I remember crying and realizing how much different our country was going to be from that point forward.
I'm remembering all of those people who lost their lives today. And I'm especially grateful for those first responders who rushed in when everyone else rushed out. Those are the true heroes. I'll be hugging my deputy extra tight tonight.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!