Friday, September 18, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! Again, terrible job on my part of updating. Maybe one week I'll finally get back to a normal posting schedule but with work, teaching class, grad school, running... blogging unfortunately falls at the bottom of the list for the time being.
In fact, I was going to write this post about 5 hours ago but had a few unexpected work meetings pop-up and well, now it's noon and here I am.
Better late than never though, right? :)

Anyway, linking up with Heather, Jill & The Virginia Bloggers today!


1. Running! It's officially LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AWAY from my marathon. WTF?! How the HECK did that happen? I feel so incredibly unprepared but I don't know that there's any way to truly feel fully prepared EVER when it comes to running 26.2 miles. But I'm doing the best I can. :)
I did have a killer 18 mile run on Saturday. Granted it was a bit broken up but still, no complaints. My legs felt awesome all day. I did a 10k Saturday morning (won my age group!), ran 9 more miles on my own, and then laced up my Saucony's one more time for a 5k Saturday night... which I actually ended up winning with not a TERRIBLE time for being my last 3 miles of the day.
Even better? I thought I'd be super sore and miserable on Sunday but in all actuality, I felt incredible.


2. I've had an incredibly productive week at work. Like, we're talking, to-do lists have been "to-done", budgets have been updated, payroll has been (almost) finished..... don't you love weeks like that? Not to mention I've had some great classes this week--teaching has become one of my favorite parts of my job. I love it!

3. Peter won an award on Wednesday night and we got to go to a fancy dinner and accept it! :) I've now been in dress clothes twice in one week (date night last Friday).. what's the world coming to? ;) But I'm so proud of Peter and all of his hard work. And all of our law enforcement officer's for that matter. In fact, today is National Thank an Officer Day so please, do just that. I know there's been a lot of negative attention on police officers lately but they lay their life on the line each and every day to protect us and I couldn't be more grateful. I say goodbye to my husband in the morning and never truly know if I'll get to say hello again.


4. I made sweet potato brownies last weekend and they are KILLER! Seriously! I'm going to try and get the recipe up on the blog soon because they are my new favorite! And no crazy ingredients! Aren't those the best?! I hate working with "real" sugar so I love when recipes sub honey or maple syrup. :) And just in case you're wondering just how good they are, Peter actually likes them and he always thinks my crazy "cheat clean" recipes are terrible. ;)

5. PETER & I ARE BOTH OFF THIS WEEKEND AND NOT GOING ANYWHERE! Seriously, this deserves all caps. :) I'm so excited to spend a weekend working on our house, relaxing, and just having fun together. We have no agenda and I'm freakin' stoked.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Marathon training cycles seem to go by so fast. Sweet potato brownies? Yes please!

    Thanks for sharing with friends at Fitness Friday. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet potato brownies?! I'm intrigued. Don't you love dressing up, especially if it's not the norm?! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete