Linking up with Amanda from Running with Spoons!
1. I have a love/hate relationship with my 5am work days. I love how quiet it is, I'm super productive in the wee hours of the morning, and it's pretty nice to TECHNICALLY be done with work at 2pm (although most Tues/Thurs I'm not out of here until 6 or 7... yikes). That being said, my 5am work days are NOT good for my bank account. Apparently I turn into an online shopping fiend and buy ALL. THE. THINGS. Just me?
2. One of the things I bought? I finally broke down and bought a new pair of Saucony Triumphs! I've been wearing my current pair WAY too long (like, got them back in early October and they probably have close to 800 miles on them.....). Even better? I got the 2.0s in the color combo I've been lusting after since they came out. <3
4. Probably the most depressing point of this entire post--next Sunday is my LAST birthday in my 20's. UGH. Can we talk about how freaking painful that is to even type??? Since I knew it was going to be kind of a downer, I decided to go big for my last twenty-something birthday and my best friends and I are heading to Nashville for an extended girls weekend / birthday celebration! I'm sad I won't be spending my birthday with Peter but I'm excited to go out and party like I'm 21 again... or something like that.
5. So, our house. I guess I owe a bit of an update, right? It's coming along nicely. When it's all said and done (well, for now), I'll post some pictures but basically, we gutted both of our bathrooms and started from scratch. Hence the reason we're staying with my parents. Our house is AWESOME but needs some TLC so we figured we might as well get some MAJOR projects out of the way before we get in there. Both our master and guest bathrooms had CARPET--GROSS! Not to mention our master bath was basically the size of a small closet. ha. We made it bigger, made our master closet bigger, and made a new laundry room to make our guest bathroom more functional. So, that's where we stand at the moment. I'm so excited to show you guys the final product! And let me tell you.. the people on TV make this whole process look a whole lot easier than it really is. Especially the decorating part!
6. And finally, probably the most exciting news--I'm going to the IDEA World Fitness Conference in LA in July!!!! SO FREAKIN EXCITED! My boss and I always try and find a fun fitness conference to attend to get CEC's and learn new things/get new certifications/HAVE A BLAST and I finally talked her into this one! I've been dying to go! So STOKED! And plus, I've never been to California so there's that. :) Any tips or rec's for a first timer?!
Have a wonderful Thursday everyone! Time to go save the fitness world... or something like that.