Monday, July 13, 2015

I'm back!!!

Long time, no see! The last week has been a WHIRLWIND and I don't even know where to begin.

Vacation was absolutely everything I wanted it to be and more. I didn't realize how badly I needed a break until I got there. I've been on the go non-stop since January and it was so nice to finally relax and just go with the flow for a few days. 

That being said, I'm so beyond ready to go back to work tomorrow! Isn't it nice that I have a job I don't mind going back to?! :) I'm ready to get back into a steady routine, ready to get back to a schedule, and ready to kick some booty! I'll be teaching 7 classes this week so I don't think that will be an issue. ;) 

AND even better? It's a 4-day week for me! I've got another girls weekend coming in up in Charlotte! Doesn't get much better than that. 

So.. because I have no idea how to even begin on how amazing my vacation was, I'm just going to post a few more pictures. ha. 

(When in doubt, just post photos, right?)




Crazy beach hair, don't care. 
I managed to rock 35+ miles while on vacation! I know some people think that's absolutely crazy and that's okay. But my idea of relaxation? Rocking out mileage with no time restraints, no agenda.. just getting a chance to run for fun. Not that I don't always enjoy my runs but more often than not, I'm on some kind of time restraint and don't get a chance to fully enjoy my run while I'm in it. I LOVED being able to lace up my shoes and go out and ENJOY every minute of my workout. I stopped and took pictures when I wanted to, rested on the beach, got a LOT of thinking done.. it was AMAZING. Running is my "me" time and isn't that what vacation is all about?




You know you're a runner when.................... ;)


Dinner at Black Marlin for my Mom & Dad's anniversary. 41 years strong! I'm so blessed to have such a strong example of what marriage should be. 



Sunset at Shelter Cove. GO TO HILTON HEAD! You won't regret it. 

We decided to stay away from Coligny Beach this year and went across the road from our condo to a beach called Burke's Beach. It was amazing! No crowds, quiet... basically, PERFECT. 


Shelter Cove has fireworks every Tuesday night so I got not one BUT TWO shows. 


I got home from Hilton Head on Thursday and on Friday, Peter and I drove to Charlottesville for a quick visit to his fam. Clearly, we were both excited.



Nothing like a little farm running to get the morning started. It was a dreary run and I may or may not have gotten chased by a 3-legged dog but seriously--scenery doesn't get much better (okay, unless I'm running in Hilton Head...)

Saturday afternoon, we ventured to the Downtown mall and we FINALLY made it to the Whiskey Jar! I've been wanting to go FOREVER! Whiskey Sours are my very favorite drink and their's did not disappoint. 

After way too much (delicious) food at Mono Loco and another JalapeƱo Marg (I'm OBSESSED!), we took another quick walk on the downtown mall. Have I mentioned lately how much I LOVE Charlottesville and the surrounding area? By far one of my favorite places!

There ya have it. A terrible vacation recap but let's be honest--my days basically went like this:

wake up
breakfast
run
lay on the beach for approximately 1038903148 hours
dinner
bed
(aka, an ideal vacation)

Now it's time to get back to the real world and catch up on all of my blog reading! Can't wait to get my reading on!

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Monday!

*Linking up with Erin from Her Heartland Soul for Weekend Snapshots!

Sarah 


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty perfect vacation schedule to me! : ) Hope you have a fab week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the whiskey jar looks awesome and so does your farm run!

    ReplyDelete