Tuesday, October 27, 2015

TOTR: Crunch Time

So...... that awkward moment when you're watching a movie trailer on TV while on the treadmill and you immediately freak out because it comes out on November 13 which just so happens to be the day before your marathon.... yep, that happened this morning.

Ha. 

Linking up for Tuesday's on the Run!



I know I talk about my marathon a LOT but with it just around the corner, it's basically the only thing on my mind these days. 

I've got my last long run coming up this weekend and I'm hoping it will be a big confidence booster. I'm kind of terrified of the race at this point (been reading too many horror stories!) but if something scares you, it's GOT to be good for you, you know?

I literally have no clue what's going to happen on race day. I could bomb out at mile 18 or feel great the entire day (wishful thinking) but I just want to finish. That's it. That's my #1 goal at this point and anything else is an added bonus. 

My thoughts on marathon training up until this point? Ehh. I love running--it's probably my biggest passion--but I like the freedom of running when I want, how I want, and how long I want. And that's not to say I haven't taken some "creative" liberties while training but I won't know until after I cross the finish line whether I'll do another marathon or not. Okay, maybe SEVERAL days after crossing the finish line. 

But all of that being said, there have been countless moments during the last few months where it's really hit me just how AWESOME it is what I'm doing. I'm pushing my body to run 26.2 miles... for fun! Not many people have the guts to take that on and I know it. So who cares if it takes me 5-6 hours to cross the finish line? I got out there didn't I? 



And there are so many people out there who have believed in me during this training when I haven't. My husband, my family, my friends, my exercise clients. When training has gotten hard and I've lost confidence, they've been there to pick me back up and get me on track. I'm so very grateful to each and every person who has helped me along this (hard) journey.

So, here's to my last few weeks of marathon training. No matter what happens, I'm proud of myself and the effort I've put in. It's not been easy by any means but it's been worth it. And WILL be worth it on November 14th.

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Yes, it is hard, but I hope it will be worth it! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for you! A marathon is a huge undertaking. Don't over think it, just run like you love to do and you'll be great! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got this. You've put in the miles. Even if the race isn't perfect, embrace every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete