Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Favorites!

I know I say this every week, but TGIF! 

Time for some Friday Favorites!

Linking up with Heather, Jill, and the Virginia Bloggers today!


1. A few weeks ago, I signed up for a chance to become an ambassador for Momentum jewelry because, well, the bracelet I bought while I was in Florida back in April is legitimately the ONLY piece of jewelry I wear (besides my wedding rings, of course ;)). I absolutely LOVE what they stand for. I'm all about empowering women through fitness and this company totally speaks to my soul. Well, long story short, I got accepted! So flipping excited! More to come on this at a later date. :)


2. Okay, okay. I hate jumping on the pumpkin spice bandwagon because to be honest, I'm not a huge fan BUT... the pumpkin pie quest bars? Uhhhh..... go buy one. One of my clients surprised me with one last week and I've been obsessed ever since. 


3. Well, as if I didn't have enough going on right now (grad school, marathon, full time job, teaching class.... the list goes on!), I decided that my little part of the state of Virginia needed a Turkey Trot. And so.. that's what I'm going to do! This has never really been an issue before because I'm usually out of town for Thanksgiving but for the last 2, I've been home and the closest Thanksgiving morning race? An HOUR AND A HALF away! Ain't nobody got time for that. So.. sometimes, if you want to change something, you just have to do it yourself. ;) I'm currently in the process of planning the "Turkey Day 5k" and our tagline? Run like a beast, before you feast. ;) We're a little rushed this year but I hope that we can turn this into something BIG. Thankfully, my mom and dad GRACIOUSLY agreed to sponsor the race through Dairy Queen so all of our proceeds will go to a local homeless shelter in desperate need of supplies! I'm so excited and will post more details soon! 

4. I'm super obsessed with red velvet anything right now. I made Peter red velvet pancakes for our anniversary breakfast and they were the BEST! And so easy! And then last night, I decided to experiment with a red velvet/PB2 mug cake. I added a few white chocolate chips in and it was heavenly. Someone get me away from all the sweets! ha. 


5. Well folks, we're officially less than 40 days away from my first marathon! I'm currently a mixture of nerves and stress with an occasional bout of doubt. I've got my next 20 miler tomorrow and I've been feeling SLIGHTLY under the weather this week so I'm not quite sure how it's going to go. But either way, I think more than anything at this point I'm ready to just get this thing over with! Ughhhh. Come on Richmond!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

Sarah

4 comments:

  1. Red velvet stuff is sooo so good. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Thanksgiving turkey trots and have been bummed that I couldn't participate the last couple years because I've been out of town (usually in a town that doesn't have one!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're down to counting the days until marathon day. So exciting! The mixed emotions seem to be inevitable. Or is it just me? Love momentum wraps! Congrats on the ambassador gig!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally need the recipe for this red velvet/PB2 mug cake....

    www.idonteatthat.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete