Thursday, October 15, 2015

Thinking Out Loud

Happy Thursday! It's fall break around here and we have been cleaning and organizing our building non-stop since Monday! Needless to say, that's why there have been ZERO updates. ha.

I have a few minutes to pop in this morning though so let's do a little thinking out loud.

Linking up with Amanda from Running With Spoons!



1. I think I mentioned it on here last week but for as long as I can remember, everyone from around my area in the small, small, SMALL corner of Southwest Virginia have been driving an hour and a half for the nearest Turkey Trot in our area. Ridiculous, right? We've hit an absolute running BOOM around here and instead of complaining about it for another year, I decided that it's finally time I do something about it. So, enter the Dairy Queen Turkey Day 5K. 


I'm so unbelievably excited for this race! I hope we have a good turnout and can keep it up in the future. I'm nervous because this will be the first race I've done without the help of a big college behind me but at the same time, I'm excited for the possibilities that leaves me!  So as if I didn't have ENOUGH going on......... ;)

2. Speaking of running, my long run on Saturday sucked. As in, sucked so bad I only did half. Of 20. Ugh. I knew this was going to happen at some point in my training cycle but man... it's definitely made me feel a little discouraged this week. Top that with a bad race last weekend and I'm a little bummed out. But, that being said, it's only made me want to work even harder this week. I have no idea how Richmond is going to go and I'm going in it with no mindset whatsoever toward racing... simply finishing. That in itself will be an accomplishment and I'm not going to beat myself up over whatever happens on November 14th. So, here's to my final month! AHHHH.

3. Today is my Friday. That in itself deserves it's own point. ;)

4. Peter & I have been on the house hunt and man.. it's both exciting and SUPER frustrating! I feel like there's no middle ground around here. I just want to be able to paint walls when I want to paint walls. ha.

5. The leaves are on POINT this week in Southwest Virginia. Summer is by FAR my favorite season but I can't lie--I can get down on some fall weather. But winter? Please stay far, far away. I don't know if I'm ready for another one like last year.


A photo posted by Sarah Smith Carlson (@sarahc33) on

A photo posted by Sarah Smith Carlson (@sarahc33) on
6. And let's end with the fact that I basically have a love affair with my Saucony Triumph's. This is my third pair this year (probably should be on my 5th or 6th...) and they do not disappoint. Ever. So glad I let the sales lady talk me into these shoes. I'm pretty sure the best day in any runner's life is when their new pair of shoes comes in. Okay, maybe that's just me. But these feel HEAVENLY.

Have a great Thursday folks! I'll try and be back tomorrow but no promises! The Mother-in-Law is coming in and we've got a "Woodbooger" festival to go to! (Don't ask. ha)

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on summer & winter. Oddly, up here in the northeast, we're at peek too. I would've thought it hit you later.

    We go to my parents on Thanksgiving and that doesn't leave time for a turkey trot. I run, even though it's actually not my favorite holiday and I don't really pig out, but still, my family doesn't know the meaning of healthy food so it just makes me feel better to eat.

    Maybe I need to bring my running clothes and run while they're doing the appetizer thing? :)

    ReplyDelete