I have a few minutes to pop in this morning though so let's do a little thinking out loud.
Linking up with Amanda from Running With Spoons!
1. I think I mentioned it on here last week but for as long as I can remember, everyone from around my area in the small, small, SMALL corner of Southwest Virginia have been driving an hour and a half for the nearest Turkey Trot in our area. Ridiculous, right? We've hit an absolute running BOOM around here and instead of complaining about it for another year, I decided that it's finally time I do something about it. So, enter the Dairy Queen Turkey Day 5K.
2. Speaking of running, my long run on Saturday sucked. As in, sucked so bad I only did half. Of 20. Ugh. I knew this was going to happen at some point in my training cycle but man... it's definitely made me feel a little discouraged this week. Top that with a bad race last weekend and I'm a little bummed out. But, that being said, it's only made me want to work even harder this week. I have no idea how Richmond is going to go and I'm going in it with no mindset whatsoever toward racing... simply finishing. That in itself will be an accomplishment and I'm not going to beat myself up over whatever happens on November 14th. So, here's to my final month! AHHHH.
3. Today is my Friday. That in itself deserves it's own point. ;)
4. Peter & I have been on the house hunt and man.. it's both exciting and SUPER frustrating! I feel like there's no middle ground around here. I just want to be able to paint walls when I want to paint walls. ha.
5. The leaves are on POINT this week in Southwest Virginia. Summer is by FAR my favorite season but I can't lie--I can get down on some fall weather. But winter? Please stay far, far away. I don't know if I'm ready for another one like last year.
6. And let's end with the fact that I basically have a love affair with my Saucony Triumph's. This is my third pair this year (probably should be on my 5th or 6th...) and they do not disappoint. Ever. So glad I let the sales lady talk me into these shoes. I'm pretty sure the best day in any runner's life is when their new pair of shoes comes in. Okay, maybe that's just me. But these feel HEAVENLY.
Have a great Thursday folks! I'll try and be back tomorrow but no promises! The Mother-in-Law is coming in and we've got a "Woodbooger" festival to go to! (Don't ask. ha)Ummm... Can we talk about how these are officially my marathon shoes?! 😳 always a good day when new running shoes come on. Love my @saucony triumphs! THE BEST! 💪🏻 pr'd every distance this year in these babies! #runrichmond #marathontraining #newshoes #runner #running #run #saucony #likeagirl #unstoppable #bemorehuman