Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Some life updates

I figured I haven't done just a general life update in a while so since I have a few minutes on my hand this morning, I figured why not?!

We're going to do this list style because, well, that requires less thinking and at this point, my brain is absolutely fried.

1. Marathon training is down to the last few weeks and to say I'm nervous would be an understatement. I keep second guessing myself and wondering if I should have done things differently but last night, I had an epiphany while talking to a friend. He was saying how he wanted to run double digit mileage for the first time ever and asked me for some advice. I told him to just go for it. Most of the time, your mind is the only thing holding you back and it's better to go out there and try and fail than never know. And then it hit me--I need to heed my own advice. So what if I go out there and bomb out on mile 20 and finish in an unacceptable (to me) time? As long as I cross the finish line, I'm a officially a marathoner and I can live the rest of my life knowing that I did something bigger than myself. Boom.





2. Peter's mom came in last weekend and we did a little sight seeing around the area and uhh, can we talk about how absolutely beautiful it is here right now? Summer is by FAR my favorite season but for these two weeks in fall, I can get down with some foliage.

A photo posted by Sarah Smith Carlson (@sarahc33) on

A photo posted by Sarah Smith Carlson (@sarahc33) on




3. Some potentially big news on the horizon. I don't want to go into full detail because I'm totally one of those overly superstitious people but as soon as it does (or does not) come to fruition, I'll let the cat out of the bag. ;)

4. I got word last week that I was selected to be a Momentum jewelry ambassador! Anyone who knows me knows just how big of a deal this is because I wear my momentum jewelry EVERY. SINGLE. DAY as a reminder that I'm a girl and I can kick some major booty. I'll be rocking everything I got for my marathon in November! More on this to come!



5. I've got my next certification coming up in December and I couldn't be more excited. In my quest for woman empowerment, I'll be getting certified in Rape Aggression Defense (RAD). I've taken this course several times as a student and am beyond happy that in a couple of months I'll be able to teach it to others. It's wonderful training and something I think EVERY woman should take at some point in their life. It gets you mentally and physically prepared for a potential attack... and although it's something that you HOPE you  never have to use, I know I feel safer having the training in my back pocket in case I need to break it out one day.

So, there you have it! A few updates from my world. Hope to be back on Friday for my favorites from the week before I head off to Roanoke for my next girls weekend!

Happy Wednesday!

Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment