Monday, May 11, 2015

Currently.

Pretty low key weekend around here so I decided to steal a page from Running With Spoon's book and do a "currently" update. :)

Current Book: Does Runner's World Magazine count? I'm going to say it does. With marathon training coming up, I've REALLY been into reading this every month. 

Current Music: "Sugar" by Maroon 5. Does Adam Levine's voice get ANY hotter? Seriously. I swoon every time I hear this song. I also want to give a shoutout to "Til I Collapse" by Eminem just because it came on yesterday when I was hardcore struggling through my run and gave me the boost I needed. Funny how a song can do that.

Current Guilty Pleasure: Arctic Zero Ice Cream + Chocolate Vitatop + PB2 + Fat Free Whipped Topping + Calorie Free Chocolate syrup. And let's be totally honest here--I don't feel guilty in the least bit about eating this. Ha. So good!! And a great "clean" cheat. 

Current Drink: Still hardcore into my Advocare Chocolate Meal Replacement shakes. I have one every morning after my run/workout. A great mix of protein and carbs and uh, hello. It tastes like a milkshake so it's a win in my book.

Current Food: Still digging my standard lunch of tuna + salsa + guac + jalapenos. It's so good! 

Current Obsession: I'm so hard core into PB2 right now it's not even funny. Also really digging the Combat Crunch bars, especially cinnamon twist. My protein bar collection is pretty ridiculous.


Current Wish: Another CRUISE! I watch TV every morning during my run and lately, there have been a TON of cruise commercials. Can Peter & I just get on a boat already?!?!


Current Need: A new pair of Saucony Triumphs! Mileage wise, the one's I got in January are totally done. I was such a hardcore Asic's Nimbus girl for SO long but now I'm team Saucony all the way. I ran in an old pair of Asics yesterday and although I still love them, they were SO HEAVY. My Saucony's have the same cushioning and stability but are so much lighter.


Current Triumph: Learning to cut an onion. Ha. I always make Peter cut them for me but I finally broke down and did it myself recently. And no tears! I'd say that's a win. (Have I mentioned that I'm absolutely TERRIBLE in the kitchen?)

Current Bane of My Existence: A 5 page paper on social responsibility that's due tomorrow night for an online class.... that I haven't even started. 

Current Indulgence: Not really an "indulgence" but I made cookies on Saturday out of bananas, rolled oats, & PB2 and they are delicious. :) I've eaten like, 10 in the last 2 days. 

Current Blessing: This girl. I love being an aunt! We had so much fun yesterday--even if I was absolutely COVERED in bubbles when I got home. :)


Current Excitement: Potentially running my first 5k of the year on Saturday! Crazy, right? I've run several races already this year but no 5k's! Time to change that. 

Current Mood: Feeling pretty relaxed at the moment. The school year is officially over here so it's time to start the planning process for next year, reflect on our first full academic year with the wellness center, and finish up a few projects. 


Linking up with Her Heartland Soul for Weekend Snapshots

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment