Linking up with Clare from Fitting it All In, Heather from Life in Leggings, and the Virginia Bloggers today.
Here are a few of my favorite things this week--
1. I made Peter what I like to call "S'moreo Balls" for his golf outing this weekend..... and they were delicious. I guess I should have taken a picture but that's probably why I'm not a food blogger. ha. Basically I beat the living day light out of a package of the new S'more's Oreos, added in some marshmallow fluff, fat free cream cheese, crushed graham crackers, rolled them into a ball, put in the fridge for half an hour and then dipped them in white chocolate. I also sprinkled them when some more crushed graham crackers for good measure. They were not healthy by any means but they were AWESOME.
2. Confession: I (MAJORLY) broke a cardinal running rule. I got my Saucony's in January and have since ran a solid 1,000+ miles in them since then. Bad. Bad. Bad. They've held up pretty well until recently but yeah, I guess I finally "ran" out of them. Whoops.
SO.. I figured with marathon training on the (very soon) horizon, it was about time I purchased some new ones. I was pretty convinced for a long time that I was going to go back to my Asics but after running in an old pair a few weeks ago, I realized just how much HEAVIER they were than my Saucony's. Crazy. So, I bought these babies. Same shoe, different style.
3. I got to hang out with my favorite (and only) niece on Wednesday! Seriously, I'm definitely not ready for kids yet but hanging out with this girl is one of my favorite things in the entire world. Doesn't matter how tired I am, when she asks to go play at the park, we go to the park.
4. This article from Greatist. I'm so guilty of the "go hard or go home" mentality when it comes to fitness and it's something that I have to consciously work on. Sometimes less is more and let's be honest--I have a marathon coming up! I want my body to be as strong and ready as possible.
5. Favorite pins from this week! Surprise, surprise. Most are food. ha. :)
|Golden Oreo Cake Batter Ice Cream Pie. I would absolutely destroy this in a matter of seconds. ha.|
|Fluffernutter bars. Yes please.|
|Looks like a fun workout. Will try it soon! SOURCE|
There you have it. I hope you all had an absolutely fantastic week and a fun weekend ahead. My plans include a wedding tomorrow and hanging out by the pool and with family. Not bad, right?
See you on Monday!