1. PITCH PERFECT 2!!!! Please tell me I'm not the only one who will be waiting in line tonight to see this movie? I'm not a huge movie person but the original Pitch Perfect is probably one of the only movies I can see a billion times and not get tired of... okay, that and Bridesmaids. Peter loves the movie too so it wasn't even hard to convince him that we need to see it tonight. ha. I'm really hoping it doesn't disappoint.
2. I'm so excited to be heading out of town this weekend! I mentioned it yesterday but man oh man. Mine and Peter's schedules have been so wacky lately that I can't even remember the last weekend we actually had off together! Maybe in March?! Either way, it's been entirely too long so as soon as I saw we would both be free this weekend, I jumped at a chance to stay at my parents cabin in the Smokey Mountains. There's about a billion and one things to do in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg but I think our days will consist of a little bit of hiking and a WHOLE lot of relaxing.
3. Add these to the list of things I want to make and stuff my face with.
|Via Running with Spoons|
|Via The Novice Chef Blog|
Someone please bake/make these for me?!
4. I alluded to some big news yesterday and here is one part of it--I'm officially a certified personal trainer/group ex instructor! It's been a long time coming and I'm so excited. It will be a while before I feel comfortable training clients (and still have a few things I'd like to learn) but I'm super proud of myself for finally taking the step to do it! And as far as the group-ex part goes, I can't wait to start teaching! I'm already a certified Insanity instructor but I'm so stoked to be able to start creating some new and different workouts.
5. And finally... the biggest news. I've decided to switch directions in regards to my schooling. It's become increasingly apparent that my passion is clearly health & wellness. For a long time, I never thought I could make it as a full time fitness professional and although I do have a passion for food and proper nutrition, my heart never really felt "right" on the dietitian career path. So, a couple of months ago, I applied to an online masters program in Exercise Science with a concentration in Health & Wellness and got in! I waited quite a long time to fully make the decision to switch but as much as I thought it might just be a phase, no matter what I did, I couldn't get it off of my mind. I FINALLY feel like I've found my calling in life and although it took almost 6 years after graduating college, all of the struggle and questions and confusion was totally, completely worth it.
Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back on Tuesday with a full recap of all of this weekend's shenanigans... or lack there of. :)