Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Odds & Ends

After a 30,000 step day yesterday (yikes!) and a quick 4 mile run this morning, I'm totally dragging right now, mentally and physically. Anyone else?!

That being said, I figured it would be the perfect time to post some questions! Erin from Love, Fun & Football posted this so I decided, what better way to get my brain awake and flowing than with some fun "get to know me" questions. Right? Riiiiiiiiight. :)

1. What's one thing we will always find in your purse, besides the basics?
I don't really carry a purse. Is that weird?! I carry a Coach wristlet that I've had for at LEAST 6 years now. BUT when I travel and do carry a "purse", I always have a good magazine (usually Runner's World or Women's Running), lots of snacks (duh!), multiple packs of gum, and at least 6 pens... because you can never be prepared enough, right? ha.

2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Oh boy. Who knows! Ideally, I'd still be working in the fitness industry--perhaps at a bigger college or in corporate wellness. Peter & I will have settled down and bought a house... somewhere. Maybe not necessarily in the same place we are now. I will have my master's degree and maybe, MAYBE start working on a doctorate. I'd also like to have a kid....which is completely scary to say! But something that I'm looking forward to. :) Oh and if I'm REALLY dreaming here, I'll have ran the Boston Marathon.



3. Which show on TV should we all go binge watch immediately? Who's your favorite character on said show?
Big Bang Theory. Seriously, Peter & I watch it EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. It doesn't matter how many times I've seen the episode, I still watch it like it's the first time. And Sheldon is hands down my favorite character. LOVE him.

4. Chicago Deep Dish or the New York Slice? (getting real deep here)
Never had either.. but I feel like I could really dig on some deep dish Chicago style pizza. I've told Peter on several occasions that we are visiting Chicago solely for the pizza. I mean, I'm sure it's an awesome town but.. I'm just there for the pie. ;)

5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and what would you do?
Probably Italy. Although I wouldn't mind going back to Ireland either. If I went to Italy, I'd a) eat amazing Italian food and gain 20 pounds and b) head straight for the Amalfi Coast. I remember watching Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel (side note: what happened to her?!) during college and every time she'd go there, I was in awe.

SOURCE

6. What's your favorite blog post you've ever written?
I'm still pretty new to this whole blogging thing but I think my favorite so far is my Kentucky Derby half recap. Not because it was overly great or had a lot of views but because I was so proud of what I accomplished that day. I worked my BUTT off for that PR and to know it all paid off was HUGE. When I think about how far I've come since I started running, I can't help but smile. I ran my first half marathon in 2:28. Over the course of 3 years, I've cut almost an entire HOUR off of that time. So, that's why that post is so special to me.



Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. 30,000 steps?? Holy moly, girlfriend!! I love NY style pizza...Chicago deep dish is too.....deep dish-y for me haha.

    ReplyDelete