Monday, May 25, 2015

(Lazy) Weekend Recap

Happy Memorial Day! I'm writing from the comforts of my couch this morning while watching the Today Show and drinking my protein shake. No complaints!


Linking up with Healthy Diva Eats for Marvelous Monday... although considering my weekend was pretty uneventful, it shouldn't take too long to recap. ;)



Friday//

Friday was a pretty low key day at work. With awesome weather and high temps, exercising indoors isn't exactly high on people's priority lists. I certainly can't blame them. My own workout on Friday was pretty low key for that very reason. Just some walking and some ab/arm action to end out the week. I generally take it pretty easy on Friday's and try and head out a few minutes early.

Peter happened to be off on Friday so we FINALLY went and saw Pitch Perfect 2! Being the old people that we are, we went to the 5:00 showing (ha!) and it was totally worth it. No crowds, matinee prices, and we were out in time for dinner. Totally the way to go from here on out. The movie itself was really good! We both agreed that it started a little slow but other than that, we loved it and it ended on a high note (no pun intended, ha).

We were planning on going home and eating dinner but stopped in to my parent's house and ended up eating dinner with them. Or well, stealing dinner from them. ha. They had pizza and my mom put together a killer salad and we were STARVING so... we dug right in. Hopefully they didn't mind. ;)

Saturday//

I had tentatively made plans to run a 5k on Saturday morning but woke up and just wasn't feeling it. I was actually really proud of myself for deciding not to do it. Sometimes I have a hard time listening to my body but Saturday it was definitely telling me no. Instead, I enjoyed a quiet morning at home and then headed to the gym to take a TurboKick class and do my own thing. TurboKick was great--It's always fun to GO to a class instead of take one! Any other group exercise instructors feel that way?!


After class, I walked until I got my 10,000 steps and some change and then headed home. Peter worked Saturday & Sunday so I was all by myself... and took advantage by cleaning! I've been putting of some big projects out of pure laziness lately so I decided it was about time I got in the kitchen and bathroom and did some DEEP cleaning. It was a very productive afternoon.

The rest of the night? Picture me posted on the couch watching TV and thoroughly enjoying doing absolutely nothing.

Sunday//

Sunday was much like Saturday, except I did go for a run. And a good one at that. 10.3 miles in the books and my legs felt incredible. They were a little sluggish at first but once I found my groove, it was easy. I love runs like that!


I ended up making a GNC/grocery run after my workout and then got some more work around the house the remainder of the afternoon. I also took some time to read a few magazines that I've neglected for the last month or so. Needless to say, it was  relaxing afternoon. And even better? Because I have today off, I actually got to watch some of my favorite shows in REAL TIME. It's the little things people.

As for today? I think I've convinced myself to go to the gym here in a few and tackle Murph in honor of Memorial Day.
1 mile run + 100 pull-ups + 200 pushups + 300 squats + 1 mile run

And then I'm promptly heading to my mom & dad's house to enjoy life by the pool. :)

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday. I'm so grateful to all of those folks who gave us their all so that we could enjoy this day and every other day of the year. <3

SOURCE

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment