And okay, I totally lied. I didn't work a full week. I definitely took today off using some of the hours I accumulated from the Spartan Race trip. But seriously, can you blame me? And for the record, it felt glorious to sleep in until almost 7:15 this morning. G-L-O-R-I-O-U-S.
Linking up with Clare from Fitting It All In and Heather from Life in Leggings!
That being said, here are some of my favorites this week.
1. MARCH MADNESS!! I love college basketball and even though I haven't quite been as into this year, I thoroughly enjoy watching the tournament, the upsets, the victories... I love it all. I haven't looked at my bracket/pool since yesterday morning before all of the madness starts but I'm pretty sure it's dunzo. I didn't put nearly as much time as I usually do into.. but who knows, maybe that's a good thing. ha. As long as Louisville puts on a decent showing, I'll be happy.
2. Switching up my workouts this week. I'm so bad about getting into a "routine" when it comes to working out so this week, I made an effort to mix it up. I've done more sprint intervals on the treadmill (killer!), added more abs, and really amped up my arm/leg routines. I miss cross fit a LOT but can't justify paying so much money for it when I have the exact same equipment in my gym.. for free. I've made several health/wellness/fitness goals for April and am excited to share them in a couple of weeks.
3. The weather this week! Well, for the most part. ha. Temperatures have been above 50 most of the week and it's been AMAZING. Monday it was almost 70! I'm so ready for spring/summer after the hellish winter we've had! I'm sorry if some of ya'll are getting snow today. :( But just think, spring officially starts TODAY so we've ALMOST made it!
4. This article from Greatist. I'll be the first to admit that I love the treadmill. Does that make me any less of a runner? Heck no. And I assure you it's not effected my times whatsoever outside. Embrace the 'mill people! It's not always such a bad thing! And it doesn't make you a whimp if you run inside instead of out if the weather is bad. Just saying. ;) (I assure you I'm not a whimp!)
5. My sorority. Greek life hasn't been in the best light lately (deservedly so) but I'm proud of my sorority because we've always done the "right" thing. I don't regret my time in the Greek life system whatsoever and feel sad that some of our fellow organizations have fallen so hard. I hate that some people grow up thinking that going Greek = Animal House. I assure you that my time in my sorority was nothing like that... ever. Hopefully all of the negative attention forces many organizations to rethink their principles and revamp their organization.
What were your favorite things from this past week?
Were you a part of a Greek organization?
Have a fantastic weekend guys! Hopefully the weather will be nice where you are! It's raining here today but 60's and sunny the rest of the weekend! :)