Monday, March 23, 2015

Weekend Shenanigans: White girls really can't jump.

Happy Monday! It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL here today, I love my job, and it's the start of a brand new week. What more can you ask for?!

That being said, it's time to talk about my weekend! Linking up with Her Heartland Soul & Healthy Diva Eats today!

I had some extra overtime on my  hands so I decided to treat myself by taking Friday off... and it was everything I wanted it to be and more. ha. I got a great workout in that morning and then lazed around the house for a few hours before heading over to my parents around 4 with Peter to catch the Louisville game. From what I hear, it was waaaay too close of a game but I wouldn't know because I ended up watching Christmas Mickey for a solid hour with this kid. (It was totally worth it, btw)


She's at the age where she is soooooo much fun. Her favorite thing EVER is to make me blow bubbles with my chewing gum so she can pop it. :) I have no shame in admitting that my niece is my best friend. ;)

After the game, Peter & I weren't quite ready to go home yet so we went driving around for a bit just to pass some time. We use to do that a lot when we first started dating so it was neat to do it again. Upon returning home, we watched the new Hunger Games and then headed to bed around 11pm.. not bad for this grandma!

On Saturday, Peter ended up golfing for most of the day so I enjoyed sleeping in until 7 and catching up on a few Food Network shows. At 9, I headed to the gym to check out our new TurboKick class. Even though I'm Assistant Director of the gym and am in charge of group exercise, it's hard to make it to all of the classes during the week so weekends are my chance to try some new ones out. And let me tell you, TurboKick was so much fun! And a great workout! We were moving the entire time and it was certainly never boring. After class, I walked for a bit, did a 21 minute cross fit style AMRAP, and then decided to head home to do some MAJOR cleaning. I've been out of town for the past 2 weekends so our laundry was piled a mile high. I have to admit, out of all the chores, laundry is the WORST.

Peter ended up getting home around 3:30 so I pretty much MADE him take me out. ha. The weather was incredible and I couldn't handle being cooped up inside any longer. We decided to head to the new lookout tower on top of one our mountains here and it was incredible. Pictures don't do it justice.


And then I thought it would be fun to get a jumping picture so this happened. Clearly, I don't have ups. At all. ha.


And then because Peter hates taking pictures, I of course made him take one with me too. ;)

We had a great time and it was the perfect way to spend the afternoon. I can't wait to go back when the leaves change in the fall!

Saturday night was pretty low key. Although we did discover "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" on Netflix so that was a major WIN. It's freaking hilarious and we may or may not have binged watched it the past 2 nights.

Sunday was another beautiful day so Peter went golfing... again. I can't say I blame him though. I took advantage and went for a long run on the treadmill while of course, watching the Food Network (oh yeah, I'm literally that obsessed). I didn't really have a game plan going in but once I got going, my legs felt great and I ended up doing 10 miles.

Funny story--I thought the sticker said "Think Less Run More"... whoops.

Afterward, I took my normal Sunday trip to Wal-Mart. I'm starting Advocare's Lean in 13 today so I had to pick up a few extra supplies. It's a carb cycling plan and not too different from my  normal diet but we'll see what happens. It's always good to switch things up every now and again.

The rest of my Sunday involved food prepping, more cleaning and laundry (ugh!) and FINALLY getting a chance to read this month's issue of Women's Running.



I loved that it all revolved around marathons. Can you tell I'm excited for my first?!?!

When Peter finally got home, we had dinner and watched a billion more episodes of "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" before I called it quits around 9pm. Unfortunately Louisville's game wasn't until 9:40 since they're on the West Coast so I completely missed it. :( BUT I ended up waking up around 1am and upon checking twitter, found out they won so I was a happy camper. :)

All in all, it was a wonderfully low key weekend. Now it's time to tackle the week ahead! :)

Have a great Monday!

Sarah


2 comments:

  1. I love low key weekends! Sometimes, they're very necessary, especially given how busy we all usually are most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked like an awesome weekend :) I've figured out that I need at least 2 low-key weekends a month to feel rested!!

    ReplyDelete