Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Hump Day Slump

Happy Hump Day! Is it just me or did Monday & Tuesday completely drag on? Of course, when you haven't had a full week of work in well over a month due to snow, traveling, and spring break, I guess actually working 5 days seems like, well, forever.

Since I'm lacking any form of brain function or creativity this morning and my blog is fairly new, I thought I'd post 10 (maybe interesting?) facts about myself.

1. I've changed my mind about what I want to do in life at least 10 times. I started college wanting to be a physical therapist, changed to a pharmacist, switched back to PT, thought maybe marketing would be fun, got a job in higher ed and thought maybe I'd want to do something with that, and then finally realized my passion is in health & wellness and here I am today, combing higher ed and health & wellness... all the while studying to be an RD. Go figure.

2. I met my husband when I started taking boot camp classes during college. He was the instructor's intern/assistant. He had a girlfriend at the time and I was more interested in having fun with my BFF's than committing to a serious relationship but we somehow became friends. He ended up going away to work at a camp that following summer and when he came back, he was single and well, I was still doing me. He asked me to go running with him one morning (uh, 7am which was EARLY for me then!) and that's kind of when the tide SLOWLY (and I'm talking SLOWLY) started changing. We started talking more and more but nothing really happened until the following summer. He went away to camp again but we talked EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. those 2 1/2 months he was away. He came back and we decided to go on a date, to see if the chemistry we had via texting translated into the real thing. Well, obviously it did. ;) We started officially dating in August 2011 and the rest is history.


3. I absolutely hating running up until about 6 years ago. Like, really FREAKING hated it. I think it's because in high school sports, running = punishment. I can still remember running my first mile for "fun" and how HARD it was! Funny how things change. 


4. Since there's a picture of my feet above, let's talk about the fact that I wear a SIZE 12!! Okay, I can understand having a foot that big if I was say, 6 feet tall or more but come on. I'm 5'7" 1/2 on a good day. Really?! Can we talk about how much it sucks going shoe shopping? Because it does. It's so rare that people have my size in stock! Most of my shoe shopping is done online, clearly.

5. I have one tattoo--it's a star on my rib cage. Everyone is so shocked when I tell them that because I guess I don't come off as someone bold enough to have one?! ha. Chiz, Anna, and I went and got them the first week of our senior year in college on a whim. We had all had a pretty terrible week and decided we wanted to do something bold and together. So Chiz suggested getting a tattoo and it seemed like the only logical thing to do. We all got stars and I still have absolutely no regrets about getting one because every time I see it, I think of my BFF's and how much they mean to me.

Throwback to our senior year


6. I traveled to Ireland my junior year in college on a spring break trip and it's still one of my favorite memories. I only knew one other person on the trip, my BFF Kristin, but everyone on that trip bonded and we had a KILLER time. I drank more Jameson than I can even begin to fathom and may or may not have proposed to our cab driver on the ride back to the hotel one night but.... it was so. much. fun.
Kissing the Blarney Stone
7. I have a slight obsession with Diet Mountain Dew. 

8. If I find something I like, I can eat the same thing over and over again and not get tired of it. Case in point, for the last 3+ weeks, I've had grilled chicken and veggies for dinner. And I always bring tuna for lunch. I guess that's kind of weird? 

9. I ran my first half marathon in 2:30 and freaking HATED it. I had some major stomach issues, cramping, and practically no sleep and swore to myself on mile 11 I would never, EVER do one again. Flash forward a year later and I signed up for Rock-n-Roll Savannah and it basically started my obsession with longer distance running. I ran that race in 1:49. Crazy the difference a year makes. 


10. And finally, I once weighed 220 pounds. In fact, up until about the age of 20, I was obese. I'm living proof that if you have a goal and the passion/desire to pursue, you can achieve it. I've worked my BUTT off to get where I am today and although there have been set backs along the way, I've learned so much about myself during the process. Helping others with their health & wellness is something I'm passionate about pursuing because I know what it's like to not be comfortable in your own skin.



Have a great Wednesday ya'll!

Sarah 

No comments:

Post a Comment