Tuesday, March 31, 2015

TOTR: My Dream Race!

Yesterday was DEFINITELY a Monday. So long, so crazy... so GLAD it's over! And now it's time for Tuesday's on the Run!


Today's topic: my dream race!

This is definitely a tough one! I've ran SO many fun, crazy, wild, and tough races that it's hard to choose one as my "dream" race. That being said, I've taken elements of different races I've ran over the years to come up with what would ultimately be my dream one.

1. WELL ORGANIZED! This is probably one of the most important factors for me. If I can zoom in and out of registration, have a smooth start, and not wait around hours for results (yep, one race I waited TWO hours), I'm a happy camper!

2. A well marked course. The race I ran in Asheville a few weeks ago was SO much fun. But that being said, there were times I was running up the mountain and wasn't even sure if I was going the right direction! Let me know where I'm going so I'm not second guessing myself! :)



3. A fun atmosphere! I love Rock-n-Roll races because they're so much fun! Same thing goes for Spartan Race. Don't get me wrong, running is GREAT but it's awesome when you get done with a race and WANT to stick around for a few hours afterward. For my bachelorette party, we did a race for kids cancer research in Charlotte and it was AWESOME. It was just a 5k but they had booths set up, games, photo booths... we had a great time!



4. Good food. ha. Okay, we all know this matters, let's be honest. Don't get me wrong, I love a good banana but when a race steps up their food game, I'm sold. Going back to the race in Charlotte, they had free Chick-fil-a, free smoothies, free PIZZA, free CHOCOLATE CAKE.... umm, best race ever?

5. Fun bling. Sometimes, it's all about the medal/trophy/etc. I'll admit it. :)



6. A course that's not boring. I HATE out and back races. Like, legitimately HATE them. Do I still run them? Of course. But I love running a race where I'm constantly seeing new, fun, and exciting things! I love when I quit thinking about running and focus on how awesome it is that I get to run such a cool course!




There you have it. My dream race!

What would ultimately add up to your dream race?

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Spartan does have some awesome bling! I think they spoiled me- now I think other races bling isn't as cool. I like your answers for a dream race, I would probably add fun/cool obstacles since my focus is on obstacle racing. I would also add lots of MUD because I love a muddy course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes! I'm starting to love mud & obstacles more and more! the more challenging, the better!! :)

      Delete
  2. It's funny that I hate out and back races, but my favorite race (Space Coast) is totally an out and back! Great list, fun atmosphere really makes a big difference, doesn't it! Thanks for linking up with us today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think out & back's are more mentally challenging than anything. BUT they're not completely terrible. :) and thank you for hosting!

      Delete
  3. I love rock n roll races too! I like any race with a "theme". I don't mind out and backs. -M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rock n Roll's are so fun! I'm hoping to do another sometime this year! :)

      Delete