Monday, June 1, 2015

Umm, it's June?!

Happy Monday everyone! How the HECK is it June 1st already?! Good grief. I feel like I just got back from Florida last week and was complaining because it was already May. Even crazier? Marathon training starts SOON. Ahh! Ever since I signed up, people have been asking me when I'll start training and I always tell them I have a few months to go... umm, not any more. How about I have ONE MONTH. It's about to get real up in here. ha.

Linking up with Healthy Diva Eats for Marvelous Monday!



We're going to do this picture style. Mostly because my creativity is lacking a bit today. ha.
Friday was a pretty slow day at work. I was extra proud of myself for pushing through an afternoon round of Insanity and weights, especially when going into it, I totally wasn't feeling it. That being said, I knew how much better I'd feel after it was over... and I did! Don't you love when that happens?

A photo posted by Sarah Smith Carlson (@sarahc33) on
I was rewarded with this sunset when I got home. Snapping this picture was just about the only time I got up off the couch the entire night. ;) It's not too often I just relax so I took full advantage of it.

A photo posted by Sarah Smith Carlson (@sarahc33) on

I got to hang out with this stinker most of the day on Saturday--always a good time. I had a wedding to attend earlier in the day and afterward, came back to my parents house for a lonnnnnnng afternoon at the pool with some of my extended family. Can we say, PERFECT? I took this picture on our trip to the park.


I finally got my last run with my shoes in on Sunday. Again, do as I say, not as I do. I definitely DON'T recommend going as long as I did with a pair of running shoes. ha. It won't happen again. But that being said, I had to send them out with a bang. I had a KILLER run. (PS--anyone else doing the Runner's World Run Streak this year?)




Annnnnnd... the new guys. LOVE them. I took them out this morning for a test drive and I felt like I was flying. I never realize how bad my old shoes are until I put new ones on. ha. Needless to say, I don't plan taking these for 1000+ miles.

It was a low key weekend and I loved every minute of it. I have another short week on dock and then a fun girls weekend planned in RVA/Charlottesville! I'm so excited! Have a great Monday everyone!

How long do you wear your running shoes? 

Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Haha I just upgraded my running shoes too! I started in them March 1st and hit over 600 miles yesterday so it was time for a change... Also AMAZING run pace for that run girl! Killed it! I usually try to switch out my shoes every 500 miles or so but I get attached so I have a hard time. But after some achey joints I knew I needed some new cushion ! Hope you have a great Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need new running shoes..I'm going on a year now with my current ones. Oops!!

    ReplyDelete