Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Snow Day #8: Is it Spring yet?

You read that right. I'm currently in the midst of snow day #8 and as much as I'm trying to stay optimistic about the fact the sun is currently shining, I just read that we're under a winter storm watch / advisory for tonight with another 4-6 inches on the way. Yeah.

So with that in mind, I decided to stay positive today and make a list of all the things I'm looking forward to about spring/summer/warm weather/no snow.... you get the idea.


  • OUTDOOR RUNNING. This is a big one. I've been stuck indoors for far too long this winter. I can't wait to lace up my shoes and hit the pavement instead of the treadmill. Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with a treadmill, clearly, but I miss getting outside. 
  • SPARTAN RACE!!! I'm helping chaperone a school trip to Atlanta for the Spartan Sprint (did I mention my job can be pretty awesome?). I absolutely LOVE the  Spartan series and am bound and determined to get the Trifecta this year. Anyone else a Spartan fan? Anyone gotten the Trifecta?
  • Girls weekend in Asheville! Hotel has been booked, plans are being made... so exciting! My best friends and I live in different parts of VA / North Carolina so we make it a point to get together every 2-3 months or so--some good stories and lots of detoxing are always needed after we're done. :) (hey, you can't be healthy ALL the time)
  • Racing! This kind of goes along with outdoor running but I'm making it it's own bullet point because, well, I can. I always get withdrawals starting around February 1st. I love competing, I love the atmosphere, and I love just hanging out with fellow runners. I miss my crew! Not to mention I'm really looking forward to running the Kentucky Derby Half. I've heard a lot of awesome things about this race--any else doing this one?
  • The end of the school year. I don't mean this in a bad way whatsoever but I always love the excitement of graduation/the end of the year. After spring break, things get insane and as stressful as it can be, I love every minute of it. This year will be a little different as I'm not directly working with students but I'm still looking to it!
  • Easter Candy. DUH. Mini Cadbury Eggs are MONEY.
  • More sunlight! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I'm going to be when I get done teaching my Thursday night Insanity class and it will be LIGHT OUTSIDE.
  • Florida in May! My boss & I just got approved to travel to a fitness conference in Orlando in early May and I'm so stoked! I'm not sure that we'll get to go to any amusement parks but who cares. It's freaking Florida. 
  • Marathon Training! Enough said. :) I'm so beyond stoked to run my first 26.2. Is anyone else doing Richmond in November?
Okay, I feel better already. Bring it on snow!

What are you looking forward to?!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment