So... snow day #7 today. Yeah.
And did I mention that it's snowing again out there right now? I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be back on a normal schedule tomorrow. Everyone is like, "OMG--I'm so jealous!" and I'm over here like, "I just want my routine back!". Ugh.
But that's a good segue to today's topic on Tuesdays on the Run.
I'll be the first to admit that the past week it's been hard. There's been 20+ inches of snow on the ground, a few days the temp was well below 0, there was a flood warning at one point.. but I'm proud to say that I've hit over 20,000+ steps every. single. day.
So how did I do it?
Here's my list!
1. It's my passion. I generally love health & wellness, I love being active, I love running, I love everything about it. Obviously there are days when I love it more than others (ha) but for the most part, it's my "me" time.
2. I know what it's like to be inactive. One day I'll talk about my "story" but in high school, I was 200lbs+. I hated running. I hated working out. I lived off of fast food, ice cream, chocolate, cake, sweets--it was a time in my life that I don't want to go back to. And it's not that I was unhappy because of my body because to be honest, I wasn't. But I've always been an athlete and I wanted to show the world that I could do so much more.
3. Bragging Rights. Let's be honest. Some times it's just about being able to say, "hey, guess what I did?!"
4. Good music/tv shows. When I'm prepping for a long run, I load up my iTunes with music that gets me pumped! Or, if it's on a treadmill, I'll pick a time to run when I know there's a good block of TV shows on (ha).
5. Find a good/reliable workout partner. My workout partner is my boss! We push each other and keep each other accountable. On the days that I don't feel like working out, she's the one who gets me up and out the door. And the days she's like, "nah" I remind her of our goals.
6. Seeing results. When you start seeing results from all of your hard work, the motivation to keep pushing is easy to find.
7. Find a workout that YOU love. So many times people come up to me and tell me how much they hate working out and don't know how I do it. I ask them what they're doing and more often than not, their response is running. Well.. easy, don't run! ha. Just because it works for me, doesn't mean it will work for you. There are sooooo many options out there and you need to find the one that works for you. Zumba? Crossfit? Pilates? Yoga? Find something that makes you want to get out the door and to the gym.
8. Pick something to train for! I'm getting ready to start marathon training! Obviously, you don't have to do something that extreme but sign up for a Cross Fit competition or a Spartan race--I promise it will motivate you to get out the door.
That's my list and I'm sticking to it. :)
How do you stay motivated?!
Here's to hoping tomorrow isn't snow day #8....