Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Favorites

Although my weekend won't be nearly as excited as last, I'm absolutely PUMPED that it's Friday. There's just something about Friday's during the summer that make them much more manageable. Am I right? Or maybe it's just me? ha.

Either way, I'm looking forward to having a relaxing weekend at home and hopefully getting a few projects out of the way that I've been putting off for way too long!

Linking up with Clare, Heather, and the Virginia Bloggers today.

Friday Favorites

1. I talked about them yesterday but the Reeses/Nutter Butter Balls I made for a work party yesterday were f'n FANTASTIC. They're a little sweet but if you're like me and have a sweet tooth the size of Texas, you'll absolutely love them. Actually, I think you'll like them either way but my husband is weird and doesn't like chocolate that much. WTF. I got the recipe here but substituted white chocolate for milk because I prefer it and I used CandiQuick from Wal-Mart because ain't nobody got time for shortening.

SOURCE
2. Spicaritas. Okay, I know I talked about these earlier in the week but it's still ending up on my Friday Favorites because they were THAT GOOD. I've been looking up recipes online so I can try and recreate it sometime in the near future. Aka, this weekend.

3. I'm running a 5K tomorrow--WOO! I've been very "blah" about 5K's as of late. I'm not sure if it's because I've ran so many over the last 4-5 years that I'm tired of them or if it's because I generally just prefer longer distances now but... I'm trying to pump myself up for tomorrow morning. Ideally, I'd like to come in under 22 but to be honest, I have no idea what the course is and have ran too many miles this week as is. BUT that being said, the weather is supposed to be nice and I love the atmosphere of race mornings so I'm looking forward to it.


4. This article from the Oatmeal about the do's and don'ts of your first marathon. I seriously CACKLED in my office reading this. SO. GOOD.

SOURCE
5. Vacation in a little over TWO WEEKS! We go to Hilton Head every year for the week of Fourth of July and it's PROBABLY my favorite place ever. I'm a total beach bum and absolutely love running around the island. I've also done the Firecracker 5000 for the last couple of years on the morning of the fourth and it's such a fun way to start off the holiday. Needless to say, the countdown is ON.

Okay, most definitely NOT Hilton Head... but I couldn't help but post a picture of the most amazing beach from our Honeymoon. 
What are your plans for this weekend? Do you have a vacation coming up?!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I don't have a vacation planned until August, but I feel like I need to do some sort of weekend getaway to get me through until then! I need to take advantage of summer weekends this year! Hope you have a great weekend Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No immediate vacations, but will be heading to Nantucket in August for a week and I cannot wait! I'm going into NYC this weekend for my best friends birthday brunch and cannot wait! : ) I will be making those Chocolate PB balls for my boyfriend since he absolutely LOVES Reese's! Hope you have a fabulous weekend and good luck with your 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six Sisters' Stuff recipes always look sooo good!! Reese's are my favorite candy....

    ReplyDelete