Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Motivation.

I typically take Wednesday's off from the blog but saw a link-up from Deb Runs that I absolutely had to participate in this week: The weekly word.

Deb Runs

Today's word?

MOTIVATION.

As a runner, motivation is so, so, SO important. Running is SUCH a mental sport. Your body may be doing a majority of the work but if you're not in the run mentally, it can be a major challenge to keep going, especially on longer runs. This is where motivation comes in.



There have been plenty of runs I've had to dig deep for and let's be honest, it sucks getting up at 5:20am every morning. Am I right?

So what motivates me?


-Remembering how I felt when I was over 200 pounds--I felt trapped in my own body!

-Being able to say that I've ran 26.2 miles--even if it's just once.

-Eminem "Lose Yourself". ha. This has seriously been on my playlist from day 1. I bet I've listened to this song at LEAST 500 times over the last 8-10 years.

-The high I get when the run is over. There's nothing like it.

-When someone asks me what I had for breakfast and I can respond with "10 miles". ha. ;)

-Setting an example for my niece and my future children. I want to be around for a LONG time.

-Hopefully BQ-ing one day.

-Knowing that when I started out, I couldn't even run a mile and now my idea of fun are half marathons.

-Being the best I possibly can be, day in and day out.

I could seriously go on and on but these are just a FEW of the reasons I'm motivated to lace up my shoes and head out the door everyday.

What motivates you?

Sarah

9 comments:

  1. People like YOU motivate me! You remind me that we all start somewhere, I can't imagine you not being able to run a mile, but you were there one time! We all are! Setbacks have gotten me down a lot lately, but I've been really channeling the positivity and trying to stay focused on those end goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can totally do it girl! Setbacks can be tough but they're also great motivation to come back better than ever!! :) Stay focused and you'll get there, no doubt!

      Delete
  2. I love this quote! I have not seen it put that way but I do want more and more life!!! Running has made me happier and I feel so alive! Yup I love this link up too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's so much that motivates me to run...trying to stave off old age, wanting to BQ, mama drama, love to eat..the list goes on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BQ-ing and eating are big motivators for me! ha.:)

      Delete
  4. What a great quote, and I love all the things that motivate you!

    Thank you for linking up! I hope you will again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once a marathoner, always a marathoner. I love 'Lose Yourself' too! I don't really run to music anymore, but I almost always did in college and I would put that song on repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and one of my favorite quotes: "There will be days I don't know if I can run a marathon. There will be a lifetime of knowing I have."

      Delete