Thursday, June 4, 2015

Thinking Out Loud: Running Survey

Switching up my Thinking Out Loud for a fun National Running Day survey I saw floating around yesterday. Considering just about every day is running day for me, I figured I'd post it a day late. ;)




Why do you run?
I run because... well... that's just what I do. It originally started out as a way to lose weight about 10 years ago and slowly morphed into one of my biggest passions. I run because it's my coffee in the morning, my therapy when I'm having a bad day, the kick in the ass I need on a lazy day, and it's my "me" time. I run because I love it and love the feeling I get from it.



How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day?  
I celebrated with a 7.5 miler yesterday morning. I usually take Wednesday's pretty easy on the running front but made an exception this week. :)

How many miles have you run so far this year?  
Oh boy... before last Monday I was right around 1,015 for 2015. I'd say by the end of this week I should be right around 1100.

What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year?  
Besides my first marathon in November (Richmond!), I'll just be running some smaller races throughout the summer. I'll probably end up signing up for another half sometime in September or October. I also plan on running another Spartan Race or two.

Before you leave for a run you must have:  
My phone, sunglasses (even if it's raining... I can't run without them!), a good playlist, compression socks if it's a longer run, and my GPS watch. That's about it. Obviously when I started upping my mileage for marathon training I'll be packing fuel as well.

Do you have one favorite app to track your runs?
Nike running. I'm a competitive person so I like being at the top of the leader board. ;)

Who is your favorite running partner?
My boss and I have some pretty killer runs usually. We have the same mentality when it comes to health/fitness so we're always pushing each other to go further and faster. We like doing what others won't or don't want to do. :) We also get some good convo's in and get a lot of "work" related talk done. Much better than having a meeting in an office, right?!



What races have you run so far this year?  
Let's see.. I ran a 10k in Asheville, my Kentucky Derby half in April, I ran a 5k in May, and a half relay in April as well. Not many so far this year.. although starting next week, I'll have a race every single weekend for a month straight. :)

Describe your relationship with running in one word: 
Incredible.

6 comments:

  1. I love that you describe your relationship with running as incredible! You are absolutely killing it with your milage. So excited for you to start training for Richmond. And I am a long time lover of all things Nike so I used to use the Nike app on my phone but then I bought their GPS watch and have never looked back. Happy Thursday : ) !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about buying the GPS watch and wish I had!! Love the nike running app!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love seeing people so passionate about running :D It's something I never used to understand, but after making it a goal to improve my running this year and taking things nice and slow so I didn't start hating it again, I think I'm finally starting to understand. Running is pretty freaking incredible :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah!! It definitely took me a LONG time to "get it" but now that I do, I'm so passionate about it!! :)

      Delete
  3. You're a freakin' rockstar! I am so antsy to be able to run again, lol- even though I've still got quite the recovery ahead of me. I need to remember sunglasses when I do run, I hate squinting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say you definitely are antsy!! Can't wait to hear about you getting back out there though! :) And people always laugh at me because I wear sunglasses ALLLLL the time but it's become a habit that I can't break. ha. I feel naked without mine!!

      Delete