Time to get right to my Friday Favorites!
Linking up with Clare, Heather, and the Virginia Bloggers today!
1. My Power Hour class this week has been SO. MUCH. FUN! I love having the freedom to finally be creative and really THINK about the workouts I'm putting together for others. Before getting into fitness a few years back, I just kind of thought instructors did whatever they wanted but man, coming up with an effective workout is so tough! Lots of thinking involved--it's like putting together a puzzle. It's been SUCH a fun week and experience.
2. I've been oddly obsessed with the Caramel Nut Brownie Luna Bars. Like, totally weird. The flavor has been out forever but for some reason, I'm just now jumping on board. Either way, they are AWESOME. My other favorite protein bars at the moment? The new Combat Crunch Cookies-n-Cream. They finally got them in at my local GNC and I immediately bought a few to try out. DELICIOUS! Although I still don't know if they're as good as the Cinnamon Twist Combat Crunch. (On a side note--the protein bar obsession is so, so, SO REAL ya'll)
3. I'm running a super tough 10K tomorrow and the overall male and female winners apparently will win a DRONE! WTF?! How crazy is that? Unfortunately, I don't foresee myself winning this one but it definitely gives me more motivation to get out there and rock the course. haha. I ran this race last year and seriously--one of the toughest races I've done. The first 3 miles are downhill but then unfortunately, you have to turn around and come back up. And there are absolutely no breaks whatsoever. At no point is there a place where the course flattens out--it's just one long, continuous hill. It's super brutal. But I'm looking forward to it.. because I'm a runner and we're crazy and tend to enjoy pain and suffering. Funny how that works.
From the race last year!
4. I've got the itch for another tattoo. My best friends and I got one our senior year of college on a whim and I think it's about time for another. I'm really digging these running ones! I plan on getting one to celebrate my full marathon in November but I think I want another one before then.... ahh.
5. This article from PopSugar. SPOT. ON. I especially love the commentary on Insanity-- "Just one more set and then you get to barf." ha.
I hope you all have a WONDERFUL (and relaxing!) weekend! :)