Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday Favorites

TGIF! So stoked that a) it's Friday b) this time next week I'll running at THE BEACH and c) I have a fun, family & fitness filled weekend (alliteration anyone?).

Time to get right to my Friday Favorites!

Linking up with Clare, Heather, and the Virginia Bloggers today!

Friday Favorites

1. My Power Hour class this week has been SO. MUCH. FUN! I love having the freedom to finally be creative and really THINK about the workouts I'm putting together for others. Before getting into fitness a few years back, I just kind of thought instructors did whatever they wanted but man, coming up with an effective workout is so tough! Lots of thinking involved--it's like putting together a puzzle. It's been SUCH a fun week and experience.




2. I've been oddly obsessed with the Caramel Nut Brownie Luna Bars. Like, totally weird. The flavor has been out forever but for some reason, I'm just now jumping on board. Either way, they are AWESOME. My other favorite protein bars at the moment? The new Combat Crunch Cookies-n-Cream. They finally got them in at my local GNC and I immediately bought a few to try out. DELICIOUS! Although I still don't know if they're as good as the Cinnamon Twist Combat Crunch. (On a side note--the protein bar obsession is so, so, SO REAL ya'll)

3. I'm running a super tough 10K tomorrow and the overall male and female winners apparently will win a DRONE! WTF?! How crazy is that? Unfortunately, I don't foresee myself winning this one but it definitely gives me more motivation to get out there and rock the course. haha. I ran this race last  year and seriously--one of the toughest races I've done. The first 3 miles are downhill but then unfortunately, you have to turn around and come back up. And there are absolutely no breaks whatsoever. At no point is there a place where the course flattens out--it's just one long, continuous hill. It's super brutal. But I'm looking forward to it.. because I'm a runner and we're crazy and tend to enjoy pain and suffering. Funny how that works.


From the race last year!

4. I've got the itch for another tattoo. My best friends and I got one our senior year of college on a whim and I think it's about time for another. I'm really digging these running ones! I plan on getting one to celebrate my full marathon in November but I think I want another one before then.... ahh.



5. This article from PopSugar. SPOT. ON. I especially love the commentary on Insanity-- "Just one more set and then you get to barf." ha.

I hope you all have a WONDERFUL (and relaxing!) weekend! :)

Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Getting a tattoo was the worst thing I could have done, because I always want more. After my last one I started brainstorming and wanted the nautical coordinates of my familys vacation home tattooed on my shoulder blade... and instead my boyfriend gifted me it on a gold necklace.. needless to say I think I've hit my tattoo limit : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking at some of those same tattoos on Pinterest (pretty sure it was there). Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has nothing to do with anything, but your bangs are ON POINT lol

    -Jess:)
    http://www.sneakersandstethoscopes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm too chicken to get a tattoo hehe. Hope your run went well!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little wings tattoo! So adorable! And I totally agree about being a fitness instructor--you really do have to think things through to make sure you're teaching a good class. A lot goes into a class! Hope your race went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That power house class workout looks awesome! I would probably be dripping in sweat by the end haha

    ReplyDelete